14-Day Learn to Crochet Series

Have you been curious about crochet, but don’t know where to start? This 14-Day Learn to Crochet series will help you begin your crochet journey, teaching you the basics and guiding you through two easy crochet projects. The first lessons cover supplies and terminology. From there, the lessons move on to teach you how make a crochet chain and work basic stitches. In the second half of the series, you’ll learn how to make a sampler cowl and beanie, along with some other techniques to expand your crochet skills. It’s going to be a fun-filled 14 days of learning to crochet. Let’s get creative with our crochet stitches! This video series uses U.S. crochet terminology. Be sure to save or bookmark this page to access your daily instructions.

14-Day Learn to Crochet Series - Crochet Basics Guide

Day 13

Working in Front and Back Loops Only

14-Day Learn to Crochet Series: Day 14

Day 14

Project: Elemental Beanie

Discussion
  • (will not be published)

113 Responses to “14-Day Learn to Crochet Series”
  1. Nancy McDow
    Nancy McDow

I am having a hard time I holding the yarn it is either to tight or too loose please advise me…….Nancy

Customer Service

Hello Nancy,

This is for members to our online community. We do have a $3.00 annual entrance offer if you are interested? This would include access to expert advice (like this), plus discounts, hours of Premium videos, etc. Below is the link to join if you are interested: https://go.creativecrochetcorner.com/C30009

Sincerely,
      Sarah
      Creative Crochet Corner Video Membership

Amber

Hi Nancy,
      Tension is one of those things that comes with lots of practice. Try practicing a particular stitch ( for example, 20 single crochet) and be really conscious to crochet them with a looser stitch. Adjust the tension of your working yarn hand so you’ll have more yarn to work with. For me, crocheting consistently – almost everyday- was how I was finally able to find a tension that worked for me… not too tight and not too loose. You’ll find your ideal tension too!

2. Shirley Kerluke
    Shirley Kerluke

I HAVE TRIED TO CROCHET THEN GET HUNG UP ON THE DIFFERENT STITCHES. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR CLASS

3. Jeri Buckner
    Jeri Buckner

Is this a limited time offer or can we access it anytime? I’m starting a move and won’t have a lot of extra time for the next few weeks.

Customer Service

Hello Jeri,

Thank you for contacting us.
      There is not time limit on the series. Your able to go through the 14-day on your own time, when you able to.

Please let us know if you have any further questions

Sincerely,
      Sarah
      Creative Crochet Corner Video Membership

Mary Tierney-Long

That’s great that you can access it like that. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

4. Jessie Dawson
    Jessie Dawson

I’m 73 and trying to learn how to crochet. I made several projects with a friend but that was 50 years ago. I want to make scarfs and beanies for my grandchildren

5. Meredith Meersman
    Meredith Meersman

By golly, I am going to nail this! Thank you for this opportunity.

6. Connie
    Connie

Thank-you, I haven’t crochet for quite some time so it will be the refresher course for me! Looking forward to getting started.

7. Joan LoPresti
    Joan LoPresti

Thank you for this series! I’m looking forward to improving my skills!!

8. Carole Israel Freeman
    Carole Israel Freeman

I have got to go buy my needles!! I have been wanting to learn. My Mom and one Sister crochet like made. It would be fun to give them something that I made. Currently at home recovering from a full knee operation, so a perfect time for this class!

9. Nancy Flynn
    Nancy Flynn

I can start it right is minute. Is there an afternoon class or do I just join in and hope I catch up?

Customer Service

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for contacting us. You can follow along on your own pace. Every instructional video is available now for members and non members to view at anytime.

Please let us know if you have any further questions

Sincerely,
      Sarah
      Creative Crochet Corner Video Membership

10. Verna Brixie
    Verna Brixie

I am looking forward to this class also. My mom taught me the basics many years ago. But still don’t know all stitches or much more than basics. But I have yet to read, when does the class staart? Day and time?

Customer Service

Hello Verna,

Please let us know if you have any further questions

Sincerely,
      Sarah
      Creative Crochet Corner Video Membership

11. Melissa
    Melissa

Refreshing my skills by going back to the basics. Self taught 45 years ago and would like to improve my skills so I can crochet more than afghans and scarves.

12. Doris Leuwerke
    Doris Leuwerke

Would like to learn simple crochet again. crocheted years ago but need instructions again’

13. Melody Lema
    Melody Lema

Love renewing my knowledge, ashamed of the bad habits I have picked up. Also, this is helping me teach my almost-6 year old Greatgranddaughter. We meet twicea week on zoom, since she is in Texas and I am in California. She is hard at work on a washcloth. The first thing she has learn are, chain stitch, single stitch, and double stitch. She has also learned to COUNT and MARK. She thought she would impressed me and get her washcloth done, But on the second row, she missed a total of 5 stitches. Love this series!

14. Cathy Campbell
    Cathy Campbell

I’m hoping this “how to” instruction is a lot like “crocheting for dummies”. I’m not dumb but I still don’t know much about crocheting.

Customer Service

Hello Lynn,

The 14 day calendar is currently right handed.

Mary Beth
      CCC Expert

15. Liz
    Liz

I was self-taught many, many years ago and made a couple of nice grannie square afghans. Now I would like to be instructed and learn more and branch out. I am really looking forward to this class. Thank you so much.

16. Becky Squires
    Becky Squires

Looking forward to learning and critiqueing my knowledge! I love crocheting!

17. Judy Townley
    Judy Townley

My Mom was excellent at crocheting, as well as knitting and quilting and sewing, etc. In fact she could do pretty much anything “crafty”. I am looking forward to trying my hand at it!

18. Glenda Rouquette
    Glenda Rouquette

Always wanted to learn how to crochet. I have tried to make a blanket but couldn’t get the corners right.

19. Jo Harp
    Jo Harp

I keep saying I’m going to learn to crochet but this looks like it might work. Wish me luck!

20. Sunny
    Sunny

How do I set a UID and PW? My records show I joined for a year. Is that what your records show?

Customer Service

Hi Sunny, I show an active Gold membership. Your username is your email address. You created a password when you first joined. If you need a reset, please give customer service a call, email, or chat!

21. Bobbie Phillips
    Bobbie Phillips

Looking forward to learning new techniques. Thanks for giving us all the opportunity to improve our knowledge of crocheting.

22. Carol
    Carol

Eager to learn beginners crochet with everyone at my own pace with formal instruction, possibly unlearning some things i tried to learn on my own lol. Cant help but try without an instructor. Idle minds and hands yield wasted talent.

• ol
      ol

what do i do while waiting post approval by moderators? Should I start Lesson 3. Already peeked at 2. Thank you.

23. Mary
    Mary

I have been crocheting for over 60 years, but am always willing to learn new techniques.

24. Shirley Wright
    Shirley Wright

These had no video. I could not understand any of the patterns or instructions. A video would be more helpful.

Customer Service

Hello Shirley,

You will have to click on the videos below the introduction video to view the videos for Day 2 – Day 14. Just click on the picture or the day to access them.

Please let us know if you have any further questions

Sincerely,
      Sarah
      Creative Crochet Corner Video Membership

25. Ana
    Ana

Would be interesting see what I do not know. I do crocheted since I was 6 now I’m 60 +

26. Patty Starkweather
    Patty Starkweather

Thank you ❤️ I know a lot about some of this but I have a lot of trouble with the back loops and the front loops.I hope you can help me.Thank you and God bless

27. Sharon Samuel
    Sharon Samuel

Looking forward to learning once and correctly. Tried learning through books not my thing

28. Gloria
    Gloria

Thank you have been wanting to learn how to crochet for a long time but never been able to find anything helpful

Sandra Kritzman

Ive been knitting since i was about 6 yrs old. Im a granny now, so it’s been a very long time that I’ve knit off and on thru the yrs Ive tried to learn to crochet and have loved learning the various, basic stitches. My biggest problem is that I don’t know how to put the stitches together because I can’t read a crochet pattern! And, I don’t know how to inc or dec, etc. im just so frustrated because i love crochet blanket, afghan and / or throws very much. Plus id love to be able to do some crochet borders on some of my knit blankets, etc. i hope this course will teach me ti be a knitter who can crochet too!!

29. Dede
    Dede

Thank you for offering this program. Self-taught years ago by unwinding another person’s project. Read your basic stitches but then the very next page showed symbols that weren’t explain, ie ESC. Are there explanation in any of the other lessons? Thank you

Customer Service

Hello Dede,

Thank you for contacting us.

Ion regards to inquiry, which specific project are you referring too.

Thank you!

30. Patty Starkweather
    Patty Starkweather

Will you please show me how to make a magic ring?I love to crochet an d and I also that I am not ashamed to ask for your help.Thank you and God Bless

Patty Starkweather

Thank you so much I just watched your video and I have been working on it all day and I finally got to make a magic ring.thank you all so much.I love your work.God Bless you all

Customer Service

Hello Patty,

This is for members to our online community. We do have a $2.34 annual entrance offer if you are interested? This would include access to expert advice (like this), plus discounts, hours of Premium videos, etc. Below is the link to join if you are interested: https://go.creativecrochetcorner.com/C30171/

Sincerely,
      Sarah
      Creative Crochet Corner Video Membership

31. Denise L Brown
    Denise L Brown

I have crocheted before. However, I decided to watch and see what I could learn to be better. Immediately, I found out that I had been doing my first row wrong. What a difference in the appearance of my work right off the bat. Thanks. Looking forward to learning more as I attempt the projects included.

Customer Service

Hello Yvonne,

Thank you for contacting us. You can join the 14-Day Learn to Crochet Series at anytime.

Sincerely,
      Sarah
      Creative Crochet Corner Video Membership

32. kathleen Pilkenton
    kathleen Pilkenton

My sister does beautiful crocheting. I have wanted to learn for a long time, but we live far apart-more than 4oo miles!! Hope these classes help me.

33. Heidi
    Heidi

Would really like to see how to hold the yarn properly Im Doing it with same hand which is really confusing

Customer Service

Hi Heidi. Day 4, minute 14 shows Brenda’s yarn hold.
      Thanks!