Join Brenda K.B. Anderson for a CCC GOLD LIVE tutorial on how to make the Hotdish! hot pad. Inspired by a mid-century design aesthetic, this cheeky hot pad will protect your counter tops and dinner table from heat when serving up your favorite hotdish (or any favorite meal served in a casserole dish). Created by working in the thermal stitch pattern, the fabric is very thick and dense, and has square-shaped stitches—just perfect as a base for cross-stitch! Even better, a blank chart is included in the pattern as well, so that you can create your own cross-stitch design instead. Maybe you aren’t a fan of hotdish or perhaps you have never tasted one. Just in case you’ve never heard of a hotdish before—it’s a regional casserole-style dish from the upper midwestern United States (particularly Minnesota, North Dakota, and parts of Wisconsin) that contains a starch, meat, vegetable, and often a cream-based soup or a tomato base.
Get everything included in Premium plus exclusive Gold Membership benefits.
- 24/7 Access to Premium Crochet Videos, Projects, and Tips
- Step-by-Step Instructional Demos, Patterns, and Tutorials
- 5 Full-Length Classes to Keep in Your Account for Life
- 10 Downloadable Crochet Patterns
- Discounts on Purchase-to-Own Content in the Creative Crochet Corner Shop
- Access to Ask the Expert Program
- Access to GOLD LIVE Streaming Events